Vibrant Awards Announces 2011 Global Call for Entries
Will Honor Contextual Display Ads for First Time
"We believe that the best advertising experience is a relevant one," says Vibrant Co-Founder and CEO Doug Stevenson. "We offer the leading platform for understanding content and empowering advertising to become relevant to a Web page in real-time. The best-in-class examples sure to emerge from this competition will set the bar for how smart marketers are leveraging innovations such as the new VIA Dynamic display technology and our suite of contextual advertising products."
To enter, marketers and clients can visit www.vibrantawards.com where they will be asked to provide the details of their campaign, focusing on the creativity of the execution and how effectively in-text or contextual display added value and met objectives. Award submission is free, and open through June 13. A blue-ribbon panel of judges will be named to evaluate the entrants, and awards will be announced in September in the U.S., U.K. and Germany.
Last year's top global honors for creative and dynamic use of in-text went to Microsoft and Razorfish/Universal McCann for the "Bing VCS" campaign.
The 2010 Vibrant Award Winners – Global
- Gold Award: Microsoft
- Agency: Razorfish/Universal McCann
- Campaign: "Bing VCS"
- Silver Award: IBM
- Agency: Neo@Ogilvy Worldwide NY
- Campaign: "US Open Sponsorship Program"
The 2010 Vibrant Award Winners – Regional
- Bronze Award: Unilever - Hellmann's
- Agency: Mindshare
- Campaign: "Real Food Project"
- Industry Choice Award: Best Buy
- Agency: Razorfish Seattle
- Campaign: FY10 Holiday "Twelpforce"
- Best Use of Technology Award: Toyota
- Agency: Saatchi Saatchi LA
- Campaign: "Recall"
- Gold Award: Intel
- Agency: OMD London
- Campaign: "vPro"
- Silver Award: Sainsburys
- Agency: PHD London
- Campaign: "Sainsburys Recipe Unit"
- Best Creative Execution Award: Hewlett Packard
- Agency: M2M
- Campaign: "PhotoSmart Touch Screen"
- Best Multi-Marketing Execution Award: General Motors
- Agency: ACT Europe
- Campaign: "Opel Astra"
- Best Evergreen Execution Award: Unilever
- Agency: Mindshare
- Campaign: "Vaseline Intensive Rescue"
- Gold Award: Maybelline (LOréal Deutschland)
- Agency: Zed digital, Düsseldorf
- Campaign: "Maybelline Make-Up School"
- Silver Award: Gelbe Seiten
- Agency: OMD Hamburg
- Campaign: "Gelbe Seiten Image 2009-2010"
- Publikumspreis Award: Siemens
- Agency: PHD Frankfurt
- Campaign: "Answers"
- Best Content Strategy Award: Unilever
- Agency: Mindshare Frankfurt
- Campaign: "Knorr Bouillon Pur"
2010 U.S. Judges
- Ed Downing, Leader, Advertising & New Media, GE
- Richard Gagnon, Chief Media Officer, Draft FCB
- Louis Giagrande, Sr. Manager, Online Marketing, Samsung
- Steve Governale, Executive Director, Interactive and Innovation, AT&T
- John Gray, Sr. Vice President, Digital Media, Mindshare-Team Detroit
- Jonathan Halvorson, Global Digital Director, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Luke Kigel, SVP, Digital Managing Director, Universal McCann
- Greg March, Group Media Director, Wieden Kennedy
- Brian Mathena , VP, Group Media Director at Zenith
- Edward Montes, EVP, Managing Director, Havas
- Tim Queenan, Sr. Vice President/Executive Director of Digital Practice, Draft FCB
- Cary Tilds, Leader Digital Media Operations, North America at MindShare
- Claudio Zibenberg, WW Media Manager, IBM
2010 EU Judges
- Kolja Brosche, Director Digital/Operations, UMWW
- Silke Cosetta, Manager Online Marketing/Corporate Marketing Samsung Electronics GmbH
- Chris Maples, Sales Director, Microsoft
- Christian Griesbach, General Manager Digital Sales Axel Springer Media Impact
- Dominik Grollmann, Editor in Chief, Internet World Business Magazine
- Arndt Groth, President, BVDW
- Damien Hodge, Head of Trading, MediaCom
- Paul Hood, Head of Digital, The Mirror Group
- Markus Letzner, Director Sales CHIP Xonio Online
- Karin Libowitzky, Deputy Managing Director, MediaCom Interaction GmbH
- Julia Smith, Sr. Manager IASH
- James O'Reilly, Group Brand Manager, Ubisoft
- Alexander von Reibnitz, Managing Director Digital Media & Emerging Business VDZ -Association of German Magazine Publishers
- Matt Simpson Head of OMD Group Digital
- Daniel Stephenson, Head of Digital Marketing, COI
- James Watson, Marketing Communications Manager, EON
- Sven Weisbrich, Head of Connections Planning Neue Digitale / Razorfish
- Antje Witgen, Digital Communication Manager Nestlé Deutschland AG
- Marco Zingler, CEO at denkwerk
Vibrant (www.vibrantmedia.com) is a world leader in contextual technology aligning billions of words across the Internet with relevant video, information, tools, and advertising. With over 6,000 premium publishers, reaching more than 250 million unique users per month (comScore, 2011), Vibrant gives top brand marketers the opportunity to deliver highly targeted advertisements within premium Web content and offers publishers premium editorial tools to re-circulate users throughout their websites. Vibrant works with top brand advertisers such as Microsoft, Unilever, Chrysler and AT&T. The company was founded in 2000 and has offices in London, New York, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Paris, Hamburg, Munich and Dusseldorf. Vibrant's rapid growth has been recognized by the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Fast 50 lists. Vibrant CEO and Co-founder Doug Stevenson was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2010 for Metro New York. For more information, www.vibrantmedia.com or www.hyperlinkevolved.com or www.facebook.com/vibrantmedia or http://twitter.com/vibrantmedia.