Vibrant Media Cookie Statement
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored by your browser. Cookies are used to make Our Websites and products work, or work in a better, more efficient way. Cookies make using Our Websites easier by, among other things, saving a user’s login preferences. Cookies also help is provide more relevant content and advertising. When you visit one of Our Websites, Vibrant may place one or more cookies onto your browser.
2. VIBRANT MEDIA COOKIES
We serve content and advertisements on Our Websites that we believe are more likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to one or more of Our Websites in our network (this is called “interest matching”). This information does not include your name, street address, e-mail address or telephone number. In order to do this, we may place cookies on your browser.
- COOKIE NAME
- Website (Vibrant)
- Used to store a session value for users of the Vibrant Website.
- This is Vibrant’s opt-out cookie. If this cookie is present, then Vibrant will not set these cookies: VM_USR and VM_PIX.
- Used to store a user’s session ID, which is used by the server software to link requests together. It is not used by Vibrant’s software.
- Used to distinguish ad calls being made from the same page. This cookie helps our systems to properly align advertisements to the content of the web page based on prior contextualized page information from our servers.
- This cookie contains a user ID. The ID is used to associate certain web activity (e.g., ad clicks, the presence of an ad on a web page, date and time of an ad serve to a browser or device).
- This cookie opts the user out of collection for interest-matching advertising. If the cookie is present, no VM_ID cookie will be placed on the browser or device
- This cookie contains a user ID. This cookie is used in conjunction with the VM_PIX cookie to calculate post-click conversion metrics as well as for targeting campaigns to a browser or device based on the pixels set in that browser or device.
- Display, Image, Toolbar
- Maintains frequency capping on a per-creative basis to prevent the same user seeing the same creative indefinitely.
- Maintains a frequency count of the number of times the user has visited a Vibrant Ad-enabled website.
- Cookie sync allows the synchronisation of Vibrant (VM_USR) cookies with third party ad providers’cookies. This is for AppNexus.
- Cookie sync allows the synchronisation of Vibrant (VM_USR) cookies with third party ad providers’cookies. This is for PubMatic.
- Defines whether the user saw an ad with or without auto-reveal (ad without user initiation).
3. THIRD PARTY COOKIES AS PART OF THE VIBRANT SERVICE
Vibrant may use a number of service providers who also set cookies on our behalf in order to deliver their services. These companies typically use a cookie, Web beacon, or other technology to collect this information. If you would like more information about the cookies used by these service providers, as well as information on the availability of choice, please see their individual privacy policies listed below. Vibrant is not responsible for the cookie policies or practices of these companies.
The following is a description of certain Vibrant service providers.
- COMPANY NAME
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics (GA) is a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a Website.How to control these cookies:
- ScorecardResearch, a service of Full Circle Studies, Inc., is used to help with the collection of Internet web browsing data on specific Websites that have enrolled in a broad market research effort by comScore, Inc. to create reports on Internet behavior and trends.As part of this market research effort, participating Websites agree to deploy ScorecardResearch web tags throughout their site. These tags send a message to ScorecardResearch that causes ScorecardResearch to drop a cookie. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site. This process is done so that ScorecardResearch is able to identify browser-level behavior such as new versus repeat visitors to a Website or page. ScorecardResearch uses the combination of tagging and cookies to help Websites count users who have visited and seen a page or various parts of a page. ScorecardResearch requires that any Website using its tagging and cookies include a notice about the use of tagging and cookies to collect anonymous traffic data and to state what choices are available to users regarding the use of the information collected.
How to control these cookies:
- Display advertisements seen by users of Websites in the Vibrant Network are currently served by a third-party ad serving provider, Ad:Tech. The cookies accompanying the ads allow our third-party ad serving provider and our advertisers to monitor the effectiveness of the ads (e.g. by using statistical analysis cookies) and make the ads more relevant to you (e.g. you may get ads from your local country or in your local country’s language).How to control these cookies:
- EQ Works
- Some display advertisements seen by users of Our Websites are currently served by a third-party inventory provider, EQ Works. The cookies accompanying these ads allow EQ Works and the advertisers to monitor the effectiveness of the ads (e.g. using statistical analysis), or for other purposes such as optimizing campaigns and making the ads more relevant to you (e.g. you may get ads from your local country or in your local country’s language).How to control these cookies:
4. COOKIES SET BY THIRD-PARTIES
Vibrant may use embedded ‘share’ buttons to enable users who interact with Our Websites to easily share information with their friends through a number of popular social networks. These third party sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. Vibrant does not have access to or control over the cookies or other technologies which these third party sites use and use of their cookies is subject to their own Privacy Policies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information.
5. THIRD-PARTY IP ADDRESS PROCESSING ACTIVITIES
We may also process IP addresses to collect other information in order to display more geographically targeted advertisements to you, to limit the number of times you see advertisements, and fraud detection. This may include data about the country, city or region where you are located and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet (e.g. what ISP you use). We then place advertisements onto Our Websites that we believe people in advertising segment will find relevant.
6. INTEREST MATCHING, OBA AND OPTING OUT
We support the cross industry, Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance. To learn more about this advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, including from other companies participating in the Network Advertising Initiative and/or Digital Advertising Alliance, you can visit:
https://www.youronlinechoices.com (for those in the U.K).
Once you opt-out, you will continue to receive ads but they may no longer be as relevant to you. If you opt-out through the links set out above, you should not delete your cookies. If you delete your cookies, install a new browser, or use a different browser type, you may need to opt-out again. Please note that deleting cookies or disabling future cookies may alter the functionality of Our Websites and relevancy of your online experience. This means that you may be unable to access certain areas or features of Our Websites or receive relevant advertising and it will mean that any settings such as your stored username and password may have to be reset.
For more information about Vibrant’s interest matching, please click here.
Last updated: April 2, 2018