VIBRANT TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
Example of proper tag placement:*
< !-- start Vibrant script section -- >
< /script >
< !-- end Vibrant script section-- >
< /body >
< /html >
*This is only an example, please use the correct tags provided specifically for your web site.
- Only add the Vibrant code to pages you want Vibrant ads to be applied – preferably content rich pages. Avoid placing tags on Forms, Thank You or other pages with little to no content.
- Vibrant code will be limited to running on the domain of your web site. If you have other domains you would like to run us on, please let your account manager know. They will evaluate each site and if approved, new tags will be issued for that site.
For partners who have complex site templates or content management systems that may be difficult to manipulate, Vibrant code will work efficiently without need for optimization; however, for graphically heavy or long content pages it may take a couple additional seconds for the page to fully contextualize.
Note: Vibrant’s relevancy & optimization technology benefits from having our ad code on all pages of a site (including Home and Index pages). Please place relevant code across the site and send a note to your account manager with any URLs where you don’t want Vibrant links to appear.
Click here for Vibrant’s WordPress Plug-in and Implementation instructions.
Windows 98 and up
Internet Explorer 5.0 +
Firefox 1.0 +
Macintosh OSX and up
Firefox 1.0 +
Netscape 7.0 +
Firefox 1.0 +
Mozilla 1.7 +
Mozilla 1.7 +
CUSTOMIZING VIBRANT CODE
By default Vibrant scans every text word on a web page in search of relevant keywords and images. When we set up your Vibrant account, we go through the content pages and pick the Classes, IDs and HTML elements of the areas where Vibrant ads should not be served in. These we add as exclusions in order to ensure that i.e. titles, subtitles, headers and teaser texts do not show any Vibrant ads. Navigation lists, forms, iframes, ad links and hyperlinks are excluded from Vibrant ads by default. In cases we are not able to do these exclusions for you, we will get in touch with you and find a solution. This would be the case if a) there is no HTML style element associated with that particular content area, b) there is no CSS CLASS/ID associated with that particular content area or c) your site uses the same CSS CLASS/ID also for content where we want to serve Vibrant ads.
Can’t see ads? There could be several reasons that Vibrant ads would not display properly on your pages. Please review the above instructions first to ensure that the Vibrant code is implemented correctly on your pages. Once this is verified, provided below is a list of common issues our partners have experienced during implementation:
- Did you use the correct tags for the content of your page? For example: On pages with computer related content, you must use the tag provided for your computer pages.
- Did you verify that you are using a supported browser?
- Lastly, it is possible (albeit not common), that there may not be suitable advertisers for some of your pages at this time. Also, the advertising we provide is country specific – as determined by your IP address. Hence, a user viewing your site from the United States may see Vibrant ads, but a user from Finland may not.
If the above scenarios are not applicable and you continue to experience difficulty integrating Vibrant code on your site, please contact your Account Manager for further assistance or you can contact Vibrant Support directly at: Support@vibrantmedia.com
To help us troubleshoot a problem more effectively, please provide the following pieces of information:
- A brief description of the problem
- The browser and version you are using (e.g. IE 6.0)
- The operating system and version you are using (e.g. Windows 2000)
- Your IP address (enter http://www.ipchicken.com/)
- The URL of a page that illustrates the problem and the steps to replicate the issue (our engineers will use this to reproduce the error)